Women in Baseball Week is an annual, worldwide event recognizing the value, diversity, and cultural significance of women in baseball. Women play a vital role in all aspects of the sport north, south, east and west–-help us celebrate each one! Tournaments, teams, libraries, museums, and individuals will join the International Women’s Baseball Center to recognize women’s contributions to baseball around the globe.
Breaking Barriers: Women in Baseball Around the World is this year’s Women in Baseball Week theme. While recent years have seen more women on the field, behind the plate, and in the broadcast booth, this momentum can only be sustained with everyone’s investment in working together, all around the world. By joining forces and supporting those with similar goals, we create more opportunities, expand youth participation, and encourage a culture that places women at the center of the world’s best sport. This is the week to celebrate those efforts! Share your story and join those worldwide who step up to the sport for a stronger tomorrow.
How you can participate:
- Promote your team and playing opportunities
- Highlight your participation in baseball with a photo or story
- Learn about the history of women in baseball
- Show your support with a new Women in Baseball Week t-shirt
- Spotlight your organization’s materials that document women in baseball
- Share your local history of women in baseball
Share your events and experiences online! Add #WomeninBaseballWeek and tag @IWBC4me to add your chapter to the story.